DUROLANE is a single-injection treatment designed to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis in some small and large joints.7 It is based upon a natural, safe and proven technology called NASHA® (non-animal stabilised hyaluronic acid). Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule that provides lubrication and cushioning in a normal, healthy joint.
What is Hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule that provides lubrication and cushioning in a normal, healthy joint. DUROLANE is a transparent gel that contains high levels of hyaluronic acid. It is injected into a knee joint that is affected by osteoarthritis to relieve the pain. Knee pain relief improves joint function and helps to restore quality of life. The stabilised form of hyaluronic acid in DUROLANE is known as NASHA.
The potential benefits of DUROLANE for osteoarthritis sufferers include:
- Simple and quick to administer
- Long-term freedom from osteoarthritis pain
- Directly treats the affected joint
- Drug-free alternative to pills
- Treatment by your physician is repeatable as required
- May help to avoid or delay hip or knee replacement surgery
DUROLANE has been developed specifically as a single-injection therapy to treat the symptoms of osteoarthritis.8