DUROLANE is a single-injection treatment designed to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis (OA) in some small and large joints.7 It is based upon a natural, safe and proven technology called NASHA® (non-animal stabilised hyaluronic acid). Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring molecule that provides lubrication and cushioning in a normal, healthy joint.
DUROLANE is a transparent gel that contains high levels of HA. It is injected into joints affected by OA to relieve the pain. Pain relief improves joint function and helps to restore quality of life. The stabilised form of HA in DUROLANE is known as NASHA.
To learn more about DUROLANE, click on the below illustration to watch the video.
The potential benefits of DUROLANE for OA sufferers include:
- Simple and quick to administer
- Long-term freedom from OA pain
- Directly treats the affected joint
- Drug-free alternative to pills
- Treatment by your physician is repeatable as required
- May help to avoid or delay hip or knee replacement surgery
DUROLANE has been developed specifically as a single-injection therapy to treat the symptoms of OA.8